Tuscan Villa

Tuscan Villa
now thats Italian

Saturday, May 30, 2009

WAR

WAR

It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee, Statement at the Battle of Fredericksburg (13th December 1862)US-Confederate general (1807 - 1870)

I am always patiently waiting, waiting for my time to rear my ugly soul

Like a seed that lays dormant in the soil, waiting for that single drop of moisture or sunshine to spring to life.

I lie still in every man’s heart and mind, like a dreaded and repressed truth that no man wishes to speak.

I wait because I know my time will come, thru all the ages, it always does.

Knowing that once my power is unleashed, man’s hate and fury will carry me forth

Since the birth of time, I have taken my toll. Many a brave mother’s son has fallen to my call.

I side with no man or army, let them pray to their Gods for that. I seek only the battle.

I will cloud men’s thoughts and turn their compassion and reason into rage

Like a fire burning thru a dry forest, I will consume all that is before me.

Only when all the hate is vanquished will I release my hold, and even then with great reluctance

Then, grudgingly, I will retreat again into the deepest chasms of a man’s heart and soul

They will bury me deeply after all the horror and death, and say “Never Again”, but I know better.

So then, I lay again in wait. Waiting to be re-lived like a horrible dream. To be sure, my time will come again.

Please feel free to contact me at : pooritalianboy@gmail.com
P.I.B.

No comments: